Who We Are
We are a small business in the Greater San Diego area, providing ruggedized computing and embedded
control solutions for both the UAV and Satcom markets. We employ 20-30 people, some locally in
Poway and others across the country. We are proud of our products and the customers we serve.
Transforming industry disruptions into elegant solutions by engineering purpose-built technology is one
of the pillars of our engineering department. We appreciate diversity, recognizing that it provides both
organizational resilience and innovation. We enjoy each other and regularly hold extra-curricular events
such as softball, paintball, and game nights.
We Are Driven by These Core Values
● Continuous Learning
● Works closely with the CEO, along with board of directors (as needed) and Audit Committee
● Full-time position (combination of in-office and flex), with potential expansion as Company
● Potential growth position to Vice President, and onward to Chief Financial Officer.
Work Experience and Education Requirements:
● 5-7 years corporate/industry accounting experience, preferably at a senior or supervisory level
with relevant industry (defense and/or production/manufacturing) experience;
● 1-3 years public accounting practice, at a mid-tier or above CPA firm;
● Small Business experience preferred; and
● CPA/CMA/CA licensure (from a major professional body/governing jurisdiction).
● Advising the CEO and executive team on strategic direction from the perspective of accounting
● A good understanding and execution of US GAAP literature (applicable major ASCs) and
application to the company’s fact pattern(s), customers, and products/services;
● Ability to take charge with external CPA firm on annual attest engagement, as well as tax filings;
● Leadership of our bookkeepers (3rd party) and accounts payable function;
● Leadership of the Payroll department and HR Department as seen fit;
● Utilization of QuickBooks and Fishbowl Inventory (ERP) System for General Ledger and
subledger reconciliation/tactical operations with the floor;
● Budget preparation, reforecasts, and management reporting, including the insights and analytics
from each of the budgetary/reporting cycle to achieve executive-level company objectives and
the execution of top-level strategy;
● Supports all other departments in reporting and value-added information; and
● Other duties as assigned by management.
Personal and Professional Skills and Characteristics:
● Discipline to work consistently to a time schedule; and
● Continuously exercising the seven skills of lean people: Customer consciousness, Enterprise
thinking, Adaptation, Initiative, Innovation, Collaboration, and Influence.
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
What You Can Expect
Once you apply, within a week, we’ll review your documents after which our Manger of Operationalizing Culture will reach out for a phone interview to begin.
The final compensation offered will reflect experience.